Considering the confidentiality of the personal information we will collect, with respect to paragraph one of Article 8 of the Personal
Information Protection Act, we are informing you of the following:
(1) the name of institute collecting the information;
(2) the purpose for the information collected;
(3) the personal information we will collect;
(4) the period and how the personal information will be used;
(5) any rights you may exercise;
(6) your right to provide personal information or not and the impact of nondisclosure of personal information.
Name of Institute: Academia Sinica (Institute of Earth Sciences)
Purpose of collection: "Earth Sciences in the Next Decade: Challenges and New Horizons" conference
Personal information: Name, affiliation, contact information (email and phone number).
Period and how the personal information will be used: Within one month of the conference , the information will be used only for supplementing missing data, announcing conference news/information, preparing your nameplate, and accounting purposes after the conference (participants list).
You may contact us to supplement the information and/or correct your personal information during the conference.
You can decide whether to provide personal information or not. However, we may not be able to provide relevant services if we are missing some of your personal information. Your understanding is appreciated.